These mini lemon curd tarts have a soft and chewy cookie-like crust and are 100% whole grain!
Today a group of bloggers and I are throwing a baby shower for Caroline of Chocolate & Carrots. I’ve followed her blog since before I started blogging and one of her posts was what actually inspired me to start with food photography and blogging.
We were roommates at Blog Her Food in 2013 and after that, I went out to South Carolina and spent a week at her place. She’s due next Thursday with her second little one and since I can’t be there in real life, I thought a virtual baby shower would be the next best thing!
Caroline mentioned in her lemon poppy seed muffin post that she’s been craving citrus and apparently it’s a pregnancy thing, hence the citrus theme. We hope you like it, Caroline!
The base of these mini tarts is a cookie-like crust. You bake them up, fill with curd, top with whipped cream, plop on a raspberry and you’re done! I really love tarts and pies with no-bake filling – they’re so difficult to mess up.
For the filling, I used this honey sweetened lemon curd. You could probably use whatever type of citrus juice and zest in the curd that you want. I went with lemon just because it’s my favorite and as I’ve mentioned oodles of times, it’s so darn bright and cheery.
Be sure to check out the other amazing citrus recipes the others have made! And to Caroline – happy baby shower. I can’t wait to meet the newest addition to your family.
- Lemon Yogurt Baked Donuts with Chocolate Drizzle from The Lemon Bowl
- Berry Tart with Lime Glaze from Katie’s Cucina
- Super Soft Clementine Sugar Cookies from The Comfort of Cooking
- Grapefruit Salad with Avocado, Honey and Mint from Eating Made Easy
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins from Oh, Sweet Basil
- Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Pull-Apart Muffins from Eats Well With Others
- Flourless Dark Chocolate Orange Brownies from Sweet Treats and More
- Quinoa Granola Parfaits with Grapefruit & Mint from Climbing Grier Mountain
- Orange Pecan French Toast from The Baker Mama
- Creamy Lemon Pasta from Barefeet In The Kitchen
- Meyer Lemon Shortbread Cookies from Keep It Sweet Desserts